Tuesday, April 19, 2011

137 136 135....

OK, so I'm a lil bit behind on this....Day 137 was Sunday and I'm not the biggest fan of running on a Sunday. To many Sunday drivers nuff said on that...lol. So Sunday was my full day off.
Day 136...OH MY LANTA!!! I did 4.08 miles in 57 minutes...I had half  an apple with peanut butter before going. i think that really helped out. The only time that I had to stop was when waiting for a stop light. it felt GREAT!!! I did have a few awesome songs that helped me through my route. Lets see there was Pinks "Raise Your Glass," Glee's "Loser Like Me," Katy Perry's "Firework" those are the tracks that mostly stuck in my head and made me feel good about what I'm doing about myself. One of the things that I didn't do was use the Couch to 5K app. I think that was giving me the excuse to walk when the prompt told me to. http://www.dailymile.com/routes/630784-running-route-in-anaheim-ca
So yesterdays run was a good one, my breathing was good, i wasn't wheezing a lot (yeah I have activity induced asthma, fun times. but no fear I have an inhaler with me.)
Day 135...I had the intention of running this morning, but I ended up getting to bed at 330 am. I just couldn't stop thinking of the half marathon weekend in September. I know its 5 months away still but its such a great event and my ma, sister and some friends of the family will be down here for the event. Plus, Matt and I will be able to walk them around and he can give them the nickle tour, which is what they love that trivia stuff. Plus, I have been watching clips on YouTube that peeps have posted from years past DHM (Disneyland Half Marathon.) So, if anyone that's reading this that has participated in either DHM or even Princess Half Marathon over at Walt Disney World post your link, I would love to see your vids. Back to why I didn't get a run in today. So getting to sleep late made me wake up late and so I didn't have time since I'm going to heading up to Chico this afternoon. Even though Ill be up in Chico for the week, I will still be posting and there should be a few days to get in a run or two. Weather Channel says its supposed to rain grrrr. So, stay tuned for more posting.
My tip for the day....Remember to drink lots of water! Hydration is a huge for everyone. Why? because it lefts to keep those joints my and lubricated, helps your blood flow and of course keeps your body cool. That's just everyday usage. Now that your training and exercising its even more important, since you are now sweating out your fluids they need to be replaced and replaced frequently. Now the actual amount that one person needs varies from person to person but here's what they use to say in the Marines when doing our hikes or runs. You should never feel thirsty and that your pee should be a light yellow. If you start getting into the darker spectrum closer to brown ya got a problem. Staying hydrated will also prevent heat exhaustion and heat stroke, cramping, dizziness and fatigue. I personally drink at least 64 oz of water a day i keep a 32oz canteen with me all day. I have one at my bed side, I have one for the office (when i used to work) and one for when I used to go the the gym, but now use for when I'm out and about Disneyland and the beach and such. There is a great app (that i thought was silly at first but now cant stop using it,) from the iPhone, iPad, Itouch that will keep track of the water that you have drank through out the day. Plus it will remind you at the end of the day to report what you drank for the day. So there are things out there to help you drink more water if you aren't a water drinker. Water is all i pretty much drink. It makes me feel good when I drink some nice chilled water.
Well that is it for now my friends...thanks for reading and of course constructive feedback is always welcome. Thanks for read and Keep Moving Forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment