Friday, April 15, 2011

139 days

So today is 139 days till the Disneyland Half Marathon weekend. Let me start off by telling you a little bit more about me and my background. Im 37 years old 300 lbs and live in Anaheim, Ca, just blocks away from Disneyland Resort. Its pretty awesome where I live, I get to hear the Mark Twain steamboat and see the fireworks every day and night. I started walking back in October/November, cause I got tired of not being able to sleep and feeling lethargic because of having no activity in my life.

Now I have always been an overweight adult, my weight ranging from 200-300 lbs over the last 13 years. Yeah that's a lot when when you look at it like that. Most of the weight gain happened after I got out of the Marines. That put on at least 50 pounds over a the years. Then working in an office environment, where I was leashed to a desk taking phone calls. The next 50 creeped right on in. Of course I had the gym memberships and all that and worked out occasionally but no real routine. Yes, I am truly at fault for my weight and know it. Everyone asked well change workout more and lose weight. Sure I would love to do that and as anyone who has tried to lose weight or has made their life style change its hard. Then you have someone like me who LOVES good food!!! So it makes it a little bit harder to lose the weight.
OK, so with that said what I going to try to accomplish here is show that with a little Marine Corps spirit and hard work and with the help from some of my friends in the fitness field, I will have a very successful 13.1 mile run in 139 days.
http://www.dailymile.com/people/marcm3#ref=tophd

No comments:

Post a Comment