Saturday, April 16, 2011

138 days

I want to give you a brief run down on how my training week works. Now this will training will be changing as we get closer and closer to the event. Right now this is to get into running longer distances and stronger. my week s looks a little something like this, run- 3.5 miles (which I just started this last week, woo hoo,) rest day, run 3 miles, rest day, run 1.5-2 miles.
So today is a rest day. What does a rest day mean? It means lay around and don't do a THING!!! Well that is what I have been doing. BAD MARC!!! BAD MARC!!! no treats for you!!! Yeah, I know I shouldn't be laying around and do nothing. So, to fix that what I will start doing is doing some core workouts. What does core training or strengthen do you might be asking? and for those who know, if you have more to add please feel free to do so. Core training is "Improving core strength will let you to run for longer without suffering from fatigue and will also decrease your risk of suffering an injury. Improving the strength of your core muscles will involve some time and effort, but fortunately it does not require any heavy weight work. " This is how it was defined by sportswatchinformant.com. I had to use their wording cause I had a working idea of what it does but not the actual wording until now.  So this is what I will be working once I get a few items, like my medicine ball and fitness ball pump, which I should have in the next few weeks.
Some of the core training that I will be working on will be lower back (cause I have had issues with my lower back from an injury from 6 years ago moving a washing machine.) and of course abs and whatever ends up getting worked out during these sessions. Ill keep ya posted as to what areas hurt...lol. For the  core training I just Googled what was out there and found that the link http://www.fitness-training-at-home.com/core-training.html, had the best at home routines for me.I'm using an at home workout since I don't have a gym membership and I have a great back yard to do this outside. The folks that did website did a great job showing what can be used at home with not a lot of money. That's what is great about running and core training, you really don't need a lot of workout equipment or spend a lot of money.
That is what I will be doing for a "rest day". Now as you noticed that I only ran for three days and will be doing core training on the rest days which are two days. Well i do think that your body does need an entire day of not working out, which takes you to six days, as for that seventh day, I would suggest going for a walk. need it be walking around the block, to the store, or for those of us that are lucky walk around Disneyland for the entire day. That in itself is some mileage...lol.
OK, so I think I covered everything about core training for now. I cant wait to start doing workouts now. Especially with the weather in Southern California getting nicer and nicer. Hell, I'm sitting outside on the patio that my wonder partner has been working on, while I write this. Well until next time all...have yourselves a great week and all constructive feedback is welcome. Thanks for reading and keep moving forward.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I love it~ Keep up the good work and I'll keep checking in! I'm cheering for you :)

    ReplyDelete